Commercial rebates for solar electric and solar thermal
Solar electric / photovoltaic (PV)
CORE, the Community Office for Resource Efficiency, is offering rebates for installation of renewable energy systems on commercial properties in its service territory, while funding lasts. Please complete and submite a solar pre-application in advance to reserve your rebate.
- $0.75 per watt for systems up to 3 kW ($2,250) for on-site, customer-owned systems
- $0.50 per watt for on-site, leased systems up to 1.5 kW ($750)
- Xcel Energy commercial customers are not eligible for this rebate. Please visit Xcel's Solar*Rewards program for information on Xcel rebates for commercial installations.
Get the latest information about solar energy rebates from CORE by clicking here.
CORE also offers rebates for micro-hydro electric generation systems, 25% of project cost up to $3,000.
CORE service territory
CORE serves the Roaring Fork and Crystal River valleys, including the City of Glenwood Springs. CORE does not serve the Marble/Gunnison County area. CORE PV rebates are not available to Eagle County residents or to Xcel Energy electric customers.
Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy offers a rebate for installation of solar photovoltaic systems by Holy Cross customers through the WE CARE program (With Efficiency, Conservation And Renewable Energy - we can make a world of difference)
Rebates are tiered based on system size
- Systems up to 6 kW: $750 per kW
- Systems 6 to 12 kW: $500 per kW
- Systems 12 to 25 kW: $200 per kW
REC purchase payments for systems installed to avoid fees or to meet local renewable requirements: $150 per kW.
Systems owned by a third party and leased to Holy Cross’ members receive a REC purchase payment only: $150 per kW for the first 25 kW per account.
Non-taxable entities able to monetize available tax credits may receive incentives under the normal tiered incentive structure available to other customers.
Annual buyback of excess energy will be at Holy Cross’s average cost of purchased power, following the 2015 true-up.
An interconnection study fee must accompany interconnection applications for systems with a nameplate greater than 12 kW. Further fees may be required based on any required interconnection studies, as outlined in Holy Cross’ Generator Interconnect Policy. Fee amounts:
- For 12 to 100 kW systems: $100
- For systems 100 kW or larger: $250
Glenwood Springs Electric
Glenwood Springs Electric and CLEER are offering incentives to customers to install solar PV systems.
Commercial properties: rebate of $0.50 per watt up to 10 kilowatts (up to $5,000)
Residential properties: rebate of $0.75 per watt up to 3 kilowatts. (up to $2,250)
System must be designed and installed by NABCEP certified contractor
Rebates will be offered and distributed by CLEER on a first-come, first-served basis.
Pre-approval is required. Your solar installation contractor will fill out the pre-approval application.
Note to Solar PV contractors:
Review the Glenwood Springs Electric PV Supply System requirements on the city website.
2018 Glenwood Springs Electric Net Metering Application and Agreement (submit with the pre-approval application)
Contact an Energy Coach at CLEER to get started: (970) 704-9200
- $1,000 per system
- Eligibility details and rebate reservation form
Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy offers a rebate for installation of solar thermal systems by Holy Cross customers through the WE CARE program (With Efficiency, Conservation And Renewable Energy - we can make a world of difference)
- Rebate of $1,500 per panel for up to 4 panels or $6,000
- Rebate can only be used in existing homes or commercial properties; new home construction is not eligible
- Rebate can only be used to replace existing electric-fired hot water heaters
- System must be completed and inspected within 120 days of pre-application form submission date.
For details and the pre-application form, click here.