Government Buildings & Facilities Case Studies
Case studies explain what facility managers and governing boards are doing to trim energy use and save money in public buildings. While some techniques for saving energy are common and straightforward, others certainly are not. We encourage you to download these pdfs (portable document format) and share them with friends and colleagues.
Battlement Mesa Schoolhouse
"Beloved Schoolhouse Shows Historic Buildings Can Be Efficient, Too"
Carbondale Recreation Center
"Carbondale Recreation Center Nearing Its Potential"
Carbondale Wastewater Treatment Facility
"Taking a closer look saves dollars and energy at Carbondale wastewater plant"
- "The Energy Navigator: Helping Buildings Cut Energy Use" - overview, February 2012
- Saving Energy at the New Castle Wastewater Treatment Facility with the Energy Navigator - February 2013
- Colorado Mountain College puts its buildings on the Energy Navigator - December 2013
Garfield County Fairgrounds Riding Arena, Rifle
"Efficiency, Energy Management, and On-site Solar Turn Garfield County Building into Net Energy Producer"
New Castle Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Measure & Manage (Treatment Plant Operator magazine, February 2013)
- Fire department helps New Castle wastewater get electricity use back under control - December 2013
Parachute Town Hall
"CLEER's Navigator Helping Parachute Take a Bite out of Energy Use"
Rifle LED street lights (2010)
Rifle lighting up downtown with efficient LED lights
Rifle Wastewater Treatment Plant
Rifle wastewater plant staff puts priority on energy savings, with positive results - December 2013
Sunnyside Retirement Center, Glenwood Springs (Garfield County Housing Authority)
"Seniors, Staff Find 'Fantastic' Energy Savings at Sunnyside"