Glenwood Springs Electric
Glenwood Springs Electric offers its residential customers a variety of options for electric-related energy efficiency measures.
Get started with
free energy coaching.
email us rebates@
A certified home energy analyst will come to your home, conduct a home energy assessment and install several on-the-spot measures so you can start saving right away. The home assessment costs just $100. (It's a $400 value!)
The home energy assessment includes:
- Blower-door test and infrared imaging, combustion analysis of furnace, boiler and water heater systems and a home energy upgrade plan.
- On-the-spot measures such as a programmable thermostat, up to 10 CFL bulbs, pipe insulation, hot water tank blanket, low-flow showerhead and faucet aerator, outlet and switch gaskets, and door weatherstripping.
Energy efficiency rebates for households
NOTE: Glenwood Springs Electric energy efficiency rebates are capped at $500 per household per year for homes heated by natural gas.
Rebates capped at $1,000 for all-electric homes.
Insulation and air sealing rebate: 25% up to $500
Evaporative cooling rebate
- 25% up to $500 for evaporative cooling space unit
- 25% up to $500 for whole-house evaporative cooler
- 25% up to $500 for whole house fan (licensed contractor installation)
Heat tape timer: 25% up to $200, electrician installed.
EXTRA efficiency rebates for all-electric homes
Total of all rebates capped at $1,000 per household.
Programmable thermostats: $50 rebate
High-efficiency electric heating system: 25% up to $500
Electric heat pump water heater: 25% up to $500
LED lighting rebates for households
NOTE: Glenwood Springs Electric LED lighting rebates are capped at $200 per household, and are allowed in addition to the rebate caps listed above.
- 50% up to $200 rebate maximum per account for ENERGY STAR-rated LED bulbs
Appliance rebates for households
Rebates administered by the City of Glenwood Springs for appliances purchased in the 81601 zipcode
• ENERGY STAR clothes washer: $75
• ENERGY STAR dish washer: $50
• ENERGY STAR refrigerator: $100
Solar electric rebate for households
Household rebate: $0.75 per watt up to 6 kW system capacity
These rebates are limited and must be reserved in advance. Contact an Energy Coach to check availability.
(970) 704-9200 or rebates@CleanEnergyEconomy.net
Contact an Energy Coach
Maisa Metcalf (se habla español)
Solar PV rebates
Glenwood Springs Electric offers a rebate for solar PV installed by its residential customers.
Rebates are limited, and offered on a first come first served basis.
Rebates must be reserved in advance.
Rebate: $0.75 per watt up to 6 kilowatts for residential
($0.75 per watt up to 10 kilowatts for commercial)
System must be designed and installed by NABCEP certified contractor.
Note to Solar PV contractors: Review the Glenwood Springs Electric PV Supply System requirements on the city website.
(970) 704-9200 or ActNow@GarfieldCleanEnergy.org
More rebate offers
You may also qualify for other rebates for your energy efficiency measure from SourceGas or CORE.
These rebates can be added on to Glenwood Springs Electric rebates to cover up to 50% of project costs. Dollar limits do apply.
Please contact an Energy Coach for details.