Residential rebates and financing
Garfield Clean Energy has rebates available for many types of residential energy efficiency upgrades through our Garfield Clean Energy Challenge for Homes. For information on the Garfield Clean Energy Challenge, click the button above. You can also find out about rebate by measure in the column at right.
Garfield Clean Energy and Energy Smart Partners LLC can help you get a loan through our Garfield Clean Energy Revolving Loan program.
Why finance through Garfield Clean Energy?
• Loans as low as $1000 for small projects and up to $25,000
• Fixed interest rates starting at 3.75%, up to 8.5%
• No money down
• Flexible loan terms
• Pay back your loan with energy savings
How does it work?
• Apply for financing ONLINE or by downloading and submitting the paper FORM.
• Work with your contractor to design an eligible project scope of work and submit with closing documents. All eligible measures are subject to all applicable existing regulations and permitting processes.
• Once the work is complete, verify completion and your contractor will be paid.
• Start paying back the loan and enjoying a more comfortable home!
• For more detailed info on getting Garfield Clean Energy Loan, see the CHECKLIST.
Are you eligible for a Garfield Clean Energy Loan?
• Your property is located in Garfield County
• You are signed up with Garfield Clean Energy Challenge.
• If not, SIGN UP HERE.
• You own the house that will be undergoing energy efficiency upgrades.
• You have a minimum credit score of 580.
• DIY projects eligible for materials only, purchased through a contractor.
Eligible Garfield Clean Energy Financing Projects:
Air Sealing: Air sealing/HRV/ventilation, duct sealing
Insulation: Attic, wall, floor, ducts, rim joists, foundation/basement, wall or crawlspace
Heating: Replacement with high efficiency furnace, gas boiler or pellet stove/boiler
Water Heating: Conventional water heater, tankless on-demand or solar thermal
Doors and windows: Exterior windows and glass doors, insulating shutters or blinds, insulating exterior doors or storm doors
Solar electric (photovoltaics). Must be installed in conjunction with an energy efficiency project and achieve 15% savings. Please call CLEER staff before applying for funding. 970-704-9200.
For information on rebate amounts, click on the type of measure below.
- Home energy audits
- Home insulation and air sealing
- Furnaces, boilers and hot water heaters
- Heat pumps, central AC and evaporative cooling
- Hot water heaters
- Energy efficient appliances
- Solar photovoltaic systems
- Solar hot water
Home energy calculators
Online consumer guides
American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy
Consumer Guide to Home Energy Efficiency Savings