Residential rebates and financing
- Homes within the Town of Carbondale
- Homes served by Glenwood Springs Electric
For information on specific rebates, see the column at right.
Free energy coaching
All households in Garfield County are eligible for free energy coaching. An energy coach can help you make smart decisions about making energy efficiency upgrades to your home, work with contractors and submit rebate paperwork.
Call an Energy Coach today: (970) 704-9200
Garfield Clean Energy and Energy Smart Partners LLC can help individuals and families get a loan for energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades through the Garfield Clean Energy Residential Revolving Loan program.
Advantages of the Garfield Clean Energy Revolving Loan Fund
- Loans as low as $1,000 for small projects
- Loans up to and up to $25,000
- Fixed interest rates as low as 3.75%, up to 8.5%, depending on credit rating and term of the loan
- No money down, $25 application fee
- Flexible loan terms
- Pay back your loan with energy savings
- Repayments are used to finance future loans to other homeowners
- Apply for financing ONLINE or download the FORM and submit by mail.
- Work with your contractor to design an eligible project scope of work and submit with closing documents. All eligible measures are subject to all applicable existing regulations and permitting processes.
- Once the work is complete, verify completion and your contractor will be paid by Energy Smart Partners LLC.
- Start paying back the loan and enjoying a more comfortable home!
- For more detailed info on getting Garfield Clean Energy Loan, download:
Who is eligible for a Garfield Clean Energy Residential Loan?
- Your property is located in Garfield County, Colo.
- You are signed up with Garfield Clean Energy Challenge.
- To sign up, contact an Energy Coach today: (970) 704-9200 or ActNow@GarfieldCleanEnergy.org
- You own the house that will be undergoing energy efficiency upgrades.
- You have a minimum credit score of 580.
- Loans for do-it-yourself projects are eligible for materials costs only, but materials must be purchased through a licensed building or energy contractor. (See contractor Locator at left for references.)
Air Sealing: Air sealing/HRV/ventilation, duct sealing
Insulation: Attic, wall, floor, ducts, rim joists, foundation/basement, wall or crawlspace
Heating: Replacement with high efficiency furnace, gas boiler or pellet stove/boiler
Water Heating: Conventional water heater, tankless on-demand or solar thermal
Doors and windows: Exterior windows and glass doors, insulating shutters or blinds, insulating exterior doors or storm doors
Solar electric (photovoltaics): Must be installed in conjunction with an energy efficiency project and achieve 15% savings. Please contact an Energy Coach before applying: (970) 704-9200 or ActNow@GarfieldCleanEnergy.org
Solar hot water / solar thermal: Please contact an Energy Coach before applying: (970) 704-9200 or ActNow@GarfieldCleanEnergy.org
Rebates available now
Homes within the Town of Carbondale
Homes served by Glenwood Springs Electric
- Home energy audits
- Home insulation and air sealing
- Furnaces and boilers
- Heat pumps, central AC and evaporative cooling
- Hot water heaters
- Energy efficient appliances
- Solar photovoltaic systems
- Solar hot water
Home energy calculator
Online consumer guides
American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy
Consumer Guide to Home Energy Efficiency Savings
Questions about your loan?
Loan Programs and Outreach Coordinator
Energy Smart Partners LLC