The time when a home changes hands is ideal for sellers or buyers to make energy efficiency upgrades.
- Energy efficiency is a strong selling point for the property.
- Buyers benefit from increased comfort, improved durability, lower utility bills and less impact on the environment.
Garfield Clean Energy's
Sell Smart - Buy Smart - Energy Smart! is ready to help.
Garfield Clean Energy is your local resource for information and understanding of a home’s energy efficiency upgrades and to document energy efficiency features to help market the home.
- Home energy assessments with a Home Energy Score for owners of homes on the market. A typical home assessment is a $400 value. Thanks to utility rebates, the cost to homeowners is usually about $100 to $200 depending on the location in Garfield County.
- For sellers, get the information you and your REALTOR® need to market the energy efficiency features of your home, and get a Home Energy Score for your property to include in real estate listings.
- For buyers, learn about your new home’s energy efficiency features and improvement opportunities. Tap into Energy Efficient Mortgages, the Colorado Energy Saving Mortgage incentive and other local rebates to improve the performance of the home.
- Free energy consulting from Garfield Clean Energy for sellers and buyers: make smart decisions about upgrades, evaluate contractor bids and make the most of local rebates and incentives.
Get started here.
in this section
Contact an Energy Consultant for guidance
Maisa Metcalf (se habla español)
(970) 704-9200 ext. 1101
(970) 704-9200 ext. 1103
Garfield Clean Energy's free services for residential real estate sales are provided under a grant from the Colorado Energy Office
and in partnership with
Association of REALTORS
2520 S. Grand Ave., Suite 108
Glenwood Springs, Colo, 81601