Colorado Mountain College Green Building Academy
Classes for professionals and clean energy certifications at CMC's Aspen and Rifle campuses.
National Home Builders Association
2010 dates to be announced
BPI Building Analyst Training
This comprehensive training program teaches you how to apply building science technology to help customers solve heating, cooling and air leakage problems that are driving high energy costs, while also providing them with a more comfortable, safe and durable home. Building science training will benefit your business and help the community to become more energy efficient.
Full Building Analyst Course with both exams
This BPI Building Analyst training provides core building science knowledge, concepts, and field practice to prepare candidates to pass the Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification exams.
The course is intended for individuals who have no previous building analyst training. The course covers the fundamentals of building science and analyzing building performance problems including energy efficiency, safety, health, and indoor air quality, as required for BPI Building Analyst certification exams.
Intensive Building Analyst Course with both exams
This intensive BPI Building Analyst Exam Prep reviews core building science knowledge and concepts and provides field practice to prepare candidates to pass the Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification exams.
The course is intended for individuals who have already completed some building analyst training, but would like additional review and practice before taking the certification exams.
The course includes one day of classroom review and practice with a BPI certified instructor using testing equipment in the field. The second day, students will take the written exam and the last two days, one-on-one field exams will be scheduled with a BPI approved exam proctor.
Space is limited, and early registration is recommended. To register, call Colorado Mountain College Aspen Campus, (970) 925-7740.
More course information, contact Rick Johnson, CMC Aspen Instructional Chair, (970) 925-7740, ex. 2417 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about BPI certification: www.bpi.org or (518) 899-2727
Prep classes for North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification exams
2010 dates to be announced
Check back for information about spring semester classes.
Courses offered through the academy help prepare students to:
The academy offers two certification tracks:
Partners in the academy are:
- Building Performance Institute, which supports a highly professional building performance industry through individual and organizational credentialing and a rigorous quality assurance program. A CMC student must pass the institute’s exam to be building science certified.
- The National Association of Home Builders, a trade association that promotes policies to make housing a national priority. The academy follows the association’s green professional certification curriculum.
- NYSERDA, a national pioneer in building efficiency and sustainability. The academy’s building science curriculum was developed and held under license from NYSERDA, and is regarded as the national standard.
- The Mountain to Mesa Home Builders Association (formerly known as the Pitkin-Garfield Home Builders Association) serves professional members from Aspen to Parachute in the Roaring Fork, Crystal and Colorado river valleys.
- The City of Aspen has collaborated with the Building Performance Institute and Colorado Mountain College to educate and train certified energy auditors through the professional building performance analysts program.